Dr. Mellas is a Certified Premier Invisalign Provider
Invisalign has become a very popular choice if you want the smile you’ve always dreamed of without the look of braces. Many adults and teenagers in our practice have enjoyed the benefits of Invisalign. Schedule an appointment today to see if Invisalign is right for you!
How does it work?
Invisalign uses a series of clear, removable, and comfortable aligners that no one can tell you’re wearing. Invisalign is made with 3-D computer imaging technology and has proven to be effective on both clinical research and in practices worldwide. Over 5 million cases have been treated with Invisalign to date. Each set of aligners are worn for about 2 weeks for a minimum of 20 hours per day. The aligners are removed only to eat, drink, brush, and floss. Each aligner that you switch to will advance the teeth closer to their final, most aligned position. We will monitor your progress every 6-10 weeks at your office visits. Every patient is different, but treatment times can vary from 4-24 months. At your initial visit you will find out if you are a candidate for Invisalign and what steps are involved. Schedule an appointment today
Why would I chose Invisalign?
Since the aligners are removable, there are some clear advantages over braces:
- The aligners are removable, allowing you to brush and floss normally. This can minimize potential for tooth decay and gum disease while in treatment so the cleanings at your dentist’s office are quicker and easier than with traditional orthodontics
- Less mouth abrasions than with traditional braces since there are no bands, brackets, or wires
- There are no food limitations- you just need to remove the trays before you eat and clean your teeth after each meal
- Quicker visits at the orthodontist’s office since there are no wires to adjust
Benefits of Straighter Teeth
- Better tooth and gum health since straighter teeth are easier to clean
- Better chewing and speech since properly positioned teeth decrease bite interferences and some speech issues
- Decreased risk of dental trauma and abnormal wear as properly aligned teeth put less stress on the supporting gums and alveolar bone. This may also help with TMJ dysfunction.
- A more beautiful smile will give you the self-confidence to smile more!
How much does Invisalign cost?
Your orthodontist can determine the cost of your treatment, as each case differs in complexity. Invisalign treatment is often similar to the cost of traditional braces. In addition, if you have orthodontic insurance coverage, Invisalign is normally covered to the same extent as conventional braces. We also offer affordable interest free monthly payment plans to give you several financial options with your care. Be sure to inquire about your options with your preferred provider.